Notably, for more than 60 years, the Japanese government has welcomed Filipinos, as well as other nationals from around the world to study in Japan. For the previous years, an average of 100 Filipino scholars have been sent to Japan to study under several scholarship schemes.
Heads up scholarship hunters! The Japanese Embassy in the Philippines has announced that the Japanese government is providing scholarships for teacher training and Japanese studies under the 2023 Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship Program.
This image was taken from the Japanese Embassy in the Philippine’s official Facebook page.
Note that the deadline for the submission of applications is on January 20, 2023. Applicants must mail or hand their application to the Embassy of Japan.
Who are eligible to apply for the scholarship?
The embassy enumerated the following qualifications in their website:
For Teacher Training:
- Under 35 years old
- Has 1.5 years of study
- Fields of study: education management, methods of education, special subjects, observation study, etcetera
- Teacher at elementary/secondary level at an educational institution or teacher training school
- At least five years of teaching experience
- Good academic standing
For Japanese Studies:
- 18 to 29 years old
- Has one year of study
- Fields of study: Japanese language, life and culture, and related subjects
- Currently majoring in Japanese Studies in a university outside Japan
- Good knowledge of the Japanese language
- Good academic standing
How to file your application?
To apply you may visit the link below. All application forms and details are also available and can be downloaded from the embassy’s website: https://www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/00_000193.html
Document screening, written examinations, and an interview will be part of the application process.
Applicants who will be accepted have to return to the Philippines after completing their programs to apply what they learned.
Teacher training scholars should resume teaching in schools they work in before entering the program.
Scholars of Japanese studies, meanwhile, must pursue the undergraduate program that they were enrolled in prior to the scholarship program.
For inquiries, visit the Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC), Embassy of Japan, 2627 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City 1300; or call (02) 8551-5710 locals 2313 or 4210.
Note: The application process for the 2023 Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program is subject to change under unavoidable circumstances. Due to COVID-19 and other factors, it may not be possible to conduct the recruitment and selection according to the originally announced schedule.
Source: Embassy of Japan in the Philippines
- Study now, pay never: La Verdad Christian College Full Scholarship Grant AY 2023-2024
- Expanded Hawak Kamay Scholarship (SY 2023–2024) for Senior High School, College and Medicine students
- CHED Scholarship Alert: Stipendium Hungaricum (SH) Scholarship Program AY 2023– 2024
Roel Quinones says
How to apply on this scholarship?
Marivic intertas medina says
How to apply this scholarship?