The Fire Officer Exam (FOE) is a crucial examination for individuals aspiring to serve in the fire service, helping to ensure the safety and well-being of their communities. In 2024, the FOE promises to be a significant opportunity for those eager to embark on a career in firefighting and emergency response.
This article will provide an overview of the FOE 2024, including its schedule, online application process, and the essential requirements candidates must meet to participate.
The FOE 2024 is scheduled to be one of the most anticipated events in the field of firefighting and emergency services. The examination typically comprises various phases, including a written test, physical agility assessment, and an oral interview. The specific dates and locations for each phase may vary by region and are typically organized by the responsible government agency or department.
Candidates should be vigilant and regularly check the official FOE 2024 schedule to stay updated on important deadlines and test dates. It’s essential to mark the calendar and allocate sufficient time for preparation, considering the demanding nature of the exam.
II. Online Application
To participate in the FOE 2024, candidates are required to complete an online application. The application process typically begins several months before the examination date, allowing applicants ample time to gather the necessary documentation and prepare for the various components of the test.
Registration: Prospective candidates can register for the FOE 2024 online through the designated website. The registration process often involves providing personal information, contact details, and a registration fee, which may vary by region.
- 2023 Licensure Examination for Professional Teachers (LEPT): Schedule, Requirements and Application Procedure
Documentation: Candidates are typically required to submit essential documentation, including proof of eligibility, such as age and educational qualifications. They may also need to provide identification documents, criminal background checks, and medical records.
Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee is usually required to cover administrative costs. This fee can vary based on the examination location and agency responsible for conducting the FOE.
Application Deadline: It is crucial for candidates to adhere to the stipulated application deadline to ensure their participation in the FOE 2024. Late applications are generally not accepted.
Candidates aspiring to take the FOE 2024 should meet certain requirements to be eligible to apply and ultimately serve as fire officers. These requirements often include:
Educational Qualifications: Candidates are typically required to have college diploma or equivalent. Some regions may specify further educational prerequisites or preferences.
Age: Applicants must meet the minimum age requirement, which is typically 21 or older. There may also be an upper age limit, but this can vary based on regional policies.
Citizenship or Residency: Most regions require candidates to be citizens or legal residents. Some positions may prioritize local residency or preference for veterans.
- Civil Service Commission, Philippine Association of State Universities and Colleges, renew scholarship program named “Pamanang Lingkod-Bayan Iskolarsyip”
Physical Fitness: The fire service demands physical fitness, so candidates are generally required to pass a physical agility test. This test evaluates strength, endurance, and overall physical capabilities.
Background Check: A clean criminal background check is mandatory, as firefighting roles require individuals who can be trusted with public safety and well-being.
Medical Evaluation: Applicants may need to undergo a medical examination to ensure they are physically and mentally fit for the role.
The Fire Officer Exam (FOE) 2024 presents a significant opportunity for individuals aspiring to join the ranks of firefighting and emergency services. With a rigorous schedule, online application process, and specific requirements, candidates must prepare diligently to succeed in this essential examination.
By understanding the FOE’s schedule, adhering to application requirements, and preparing thoroughly, aspiring fire officers can increase their chances of not only passing the exam but also making a meaningful contribution to the safety of their communities.
Who can take the Fire Officer Exam?
Here are the specific qualifications for the Fire Officer Exam as posted by CSC (extracted from the FOE 2018 guidelines). All applicants must strictly meet these qualifications in order to qualify.
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be 21 to 35 years old at the date/time of filing of application;
- Must be of good moral character;
- Must be mentally and physically fit;
- Must have not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness or addiction to drugs;
- Must have not been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian positions in the government;
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution of learning;
Also, the following individuals may opt not to take the examination anymore:
- Passers of civil service eligibility examinations, as follows:
- Career Service Examination (Professional level)
- Career Service Examination for Foreign Service Officer (CSE-FSO)
- Grantees of eligibilities under special laws and CSC issuances, as follows:
- Honor Graduate Eligibility under P.D. 907
- Scientific and Technological Specialist Eligibility under P.D. 997
- Sanggunian Member Eligibility (Second level) under RA No. 10156
What are the neccessary documentary requirements?
1.APPLICATION FORM: Fully accomplished Application Form (CS Form No. 100, Revised September 2016).
- NOTE: The ‘Signature’ and the ‘Right Thumb mark’ as per CSC shall be left blank as this will be accomplished in the presence of CSC representative/ processor.
2.ID PICTURES: Four (4) pieces of ID photos printed in good quality photo paper, Passport size, colored with white background, with handwritten name tag showing the signature over printed full name format. In the photo studio, just tell that the photo is to be used for Civil Service application, they already know the specifications. Meanwhile, here are the detailed specifications:
- Taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application
- Philippine passport picture size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.78” x 1.38”)
- Colored, with white background and printed on good quality photo paper
- Must be in standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm. below the chin)
- Must be in bare face (with no eyeglasses, colored contact lens, or any accessories that may cover the facial features (facial features not computer enhanced)
- Must show the left and right ears
- Must be taken in full-face view directly facing the camera, with neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Must have handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag legibly showing signature over printed full name in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any
3.ID – Original and photocopy of any of the following ID Cards, which is preferably valid. All other ID’s not included in below list shall not be accepted.
- Driver’s license/ Temporary Driver’s license/ Student Driver’s Permit;
- PRC License ID;
- SSS ID;
- GSIS ID;
- Voter’s ID;
- BIR/Taxpayer’s ID;
- Philhealth ID;
- Postal ID;
- Current company ID;
- Current School ID;
- Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate;
- Barangay ID;
- NBI Clearance;
- Seaman’s Book;
- HDMF Transaction ID;
- PWD ID;
- Solo Parent ID;
- Senior Citizen ID;
- Alient Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-CARD);
- CSC Eligibility Card
4.EXAMINATION FEE: 700 pesos
How to file your application?
You must submit all the required documents personally in the CSC Regional Office (CSC RO), or at any of the CSC RO’s Field Offices, where they intend to take the examination. You can visit the CSC website for more information.
FOE Testing Center
Fire Officer exams in June 2024 are expected to be held at the following testing centers.
- Region 1 – San Fernando City, La Union
- Region 2 – Tuguegarao City
- Region 3 – San Fernando City, Pampanga
- Region 4 – Batangas City
- Region 5 – Legazpi City
- Region 6 – Iloilo City
- Region 7 – Cebu City
- Region 8 – Tacloban City
- Region 9 – Zamboanga City
- Region 10 – Cagayan de Oro City
- Region 11 – Davao City
- Region 12 – Koronadal City/ General Santos City
- National Capital Region (NCR) – Quezon City
- Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) – Baguio City
- CARAGA – Butuan City
- BARMM – Cotabato City
FOE 2024 Exam Coverage
The June 2024 Fire Officer Exams covered the following topics:
1.General Ability (25%): Verbal, Analytical and Numerical
2.Fire Suppression (30%)
- Pre-Fire Planning;
- Firefighting Techniques and Procedures;
- Tools, Equipment and Apparatus
- Fire Safety and Prevention (20%):
- Fire Code of the Philippines;
- Fire Safety Related Codes, NFPA Laws and other BFP Issuances (Building Code, Electrical Code);
- BFP Citizens Charter, SOP/MCs on Fire Safety Inspection
3.Fire Investigation (15%)
- The Law on Arson in the Philippines (RPC);
- Constitutional Rights of the Accuse
- Prima Facie Evidence of Arson
- Rules of Court
- Procedures and Techniques;
- Identification, Preservation and Handling of Evidence
- Other Related Procedure and Techniques
- SOP’s in Fire and Arson Investigation
4.Administrative Matters (10%)
- RA 6975, 9263 & 9592 and its IRR;
- CSC Rules and Regulations and Qualification Standards;
- BFP Memo Circulars and SOP’s on Administrative Matters
Fire Officer Exam Passing Grade
The FOE exams has 160 items, 150 for test proper while 10 items for Examinee Descriptive Questions (EDQ), pertaining to personal data of examinees. The exams will start from 8:00 A.M. to 11:05 AM or 3 hours and 5 minutes.
The applicant is advised by the Commission to come at the examination center one hour before the test proper.
The examinee shall obtain 80.00% general rating to pass the examination.
Fire Officer Exam Eligibility
Shall the examinee passed the Fire Officer Exams, Civil Service Commission will confer to the passer the Fire Officer Eligibility. It is the second level eligibility, which is specific and appropriate for appointment to second level ranks in the fire protection service and functionality.
On examination day, be sure to take note of the following:
- No face-mask and face shield, no entry
- No ID Card/document, no exam
- Be at the testing venue not later than 6:30 AM
- Observe physical distancing
- Wear proper attire on examination day, preferably white T-shirts/tops. Sleeveless shirt/blouse, shorts/short pants, tokong pants, ripped jeans and slippers are not allowed.
- Examinees are not allowed to bring cellular phones, gadgets, smartphones, smart watches, pens and glasses with built-in camera, books and other forms of printed materials and other similar items.
- Bringing the test booklet outside of examination room is strictly prohibited.
Things to bring
Don’t forget to bring the following on examination day
- ID Card – preferably the same ID presented during application
- Black ball pens
- Health Declaration Form
- Personal Alcohol/Sanitizer
- Date of Examination: June 02, 2024
- Application Period: March 4, 2024- April 3, 2024
- Target Release Date of Test Results: July 14, 2024
Source: Civil Service Commission