The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) announced that they will be recruiting about 4,000 officers for enlistment and commissioning before 2019 ends. In this article, we will be giving you the details in the Philippine Coast Guard application requirements and procedure.
A 36,000 workforce is a plan that the PCG wants and in order for them to achieve this, they’d need to recruit about 4,000 more. Coast Guard Commandant and Vice Admiral Joel Garcia, encouraged people to join their team.
He said that naturally-born Filipino citizens who are both physically and mentally fit with a good moral character shall apply. Nevertheless, here’s everything you need to know about the Philippine Coast Guard application.
Job Vacancies available
The PCG is currently looking for:
- Well-versed in basic and intermediate computer languages such as SQL, Visual Basic, Java
- Web Developers
- Civil Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Communications Engineer
- Deck Officer
- Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Geodetic Engineer
- Marine Biologist
- Marine Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Naval Architect
NOTE: As per the PCG, the following applications above are limited to MALE applicants only.
Philippine Coast Guard Application Qualifications
Just like any other job vacancy, there are qualifications all applicants need to meet. The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) is looking for PCG non-officers and PCG officers.
Qualifications for PGC non-officer
- Natural-born citizen of the Philippines
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old but not older then twenty-six (26) years old at the time of examination
- Must be of good moral character
- Minimum height of 5’0″ (for both male and female applicants)
- Must be physically and mentally fit or qualified under the existing regulation for the Coast Guard Service
- Senior High School graduate provided that he or she has completed Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) courses of six (6) months or longer relevant to the mandates by the PCG as endorsed by the SECOMCAP
- College graduate that has completed at least 72 units as proof of expertise or skill in a field (must reflect in the ToR)
- Must have passed the PCG Aptitude Battery Test
Qualifications for PCG officer
- A natural-born Filipino citizen
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) but not older than twenty-four (24) years old at the the time of examination
- Minimum height requirement of 5’0″ (for both male and female applicants)
- Must be of good moral character
- Must be a baccalaureate degree holder
- With a Professional Civil Service Eligibility with a rating of 82 percent or above with a PRC license
- Must be both physically and mentally fit/qualified for the Coast Guard Service
- Must have passed the PCG Aptitude Battery Test Commissionship
Date of Examination
If you are interested in taking the Philippine Coast Guard Application, here are the dates of the examinations:
- November 30th 2019 (Saturday) in these districts:
- Coast Guard District Southwestern Mindanao (CGDSWM)
- Coast Guard District Northern Mindanao (CGDNM)
- Coast Guard District Southeastern Mindanao (CGDSEM)
- December 7th 2019 (Saturday) in these districts
- Coast Guard District Palawan (CDGPAL)
- Coast Guard District Bicol (CDGBCL)
- Coast Guard District Western Visayas (CDGWV)
- Coast Guard District Southern Visayas (CDGSV)
- Coast Guard District Central Visayas (CDGCV)
- Coast Guard District Eastern Visayas (CDGEV)
- December 14th 2019 (Saturday) in these districts:
- Coast Guard District Northwestern Luzon (CGDNWLZN)
- Coast Guard District Southern Tagalog (CGDSTL)
- Metro Manila
- Cavite Area
Now that you know the qualifications for the Philippine Coast Guard application, here are the documentary requirements interested applicants need:
- Duly accomplished PCG ABT application form
- Personal Information Sheet (Can be downloaded via the PCG Recruitment Branch Facebook Page)
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records (ToR)
- Certificate or Diploma (Photocopy but bring the original in case)
- Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA-certified) birth certificate
Procedure in applying
The PCG said that interested and qualified applicants can apply by submitting all required documents to the nearest Coast Guard District from their location.
Salary and compensation
The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) said and enticed individuals that the entry-level salary of an enlisted personnel with a rank of Apprentice is at P37,000.00. Furthermore, the entry-level salary for a commissioned officer with a rank of Ensign is at P51,000.00.
Elson Hermogino, Former PCG Commandant Admiral said that they’re looking to fill their workforce with 36,000 personnel; he said that their goal is to populate it in about three (3) years. He added that they’re looking for non-officers, officers, and civilian employees.
Currently, the PCG has about 13,000 personnel. Hermogino said that when they establish a bigger training facility, they’ll be able to train 4,000 personnel every year.
Are you keeping a tab on the status of the Philippine Coast Guard application? Have you ever wanted to work for the maritime forces of the Philippines? Here’s your chance!